Code of Ethics
As members of NARMS, we will operate our business in accordance with the Code of Ethics as outlined below. Failure to do so may result in our suspension as a member of NARMS.
- We will always deal fairly with our customers and not knowingly engage in illegal conduct, inconsistent and dishonest activities, fraud, or misrepresentation.
- We will not make a false statement or fail to disclose a material fact in connection with our membership in this Association.
- We will treat all business parties as they themselves would expect to be treated.
- We will strive for increased knowledge of materials and procedures of merchandising and marketing services.
- We will treat all employees and independent contractors with trust, dignity and respect.
- We will not knowingly reveal any information gained as a result of working with customers and/or alliances that would be inappropriate or be detrimental to the customer and/or alliance.
Conflict of Interest
- We will provide full disclosure of any potential conflicts of interest with all customers and/or alliances.
- We will not use any deceptive or unfair tactics in competition with another member for obtaining customers. We will abide by the Antitrust Statement.
Performance of Contracts/Agreements
- We will not knowingly commit to any contract or agreement that we believe to be unlawful.
- We will not knowingly commit to any contract or agreement that we cannot perform within our abilities.
- We will clearly define the services to be provided by our company.
- We will not knowingly accept compensation or gratuities for services that would be considered inappropriate or illegal.
Commitments to Employees and Service Representatives
- We will not discriminate in employment practices regardless of an individual’s race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin or disability.
- We will adhere to fair employment and/or contractual practices in hiring, terminating, promoting, salary and/or compensation and benefits.
- We will adhere to all federal and state labor laws.
- We will provide policies and procedures that are understandable and realistic.
Last updated: August 9, 2012